Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Two Month Checkup

Miss Brinlee is 2 months old today!! Time is flying by so fast. Makes me sad!! The past few days, she's been going through a growth spurt, and I can barely keep up with her!! She is eating every 2 hours, on the dot, and sleeping quite a bit (which is nice). Her naps aren't that long, though....more like cat naps. Long enough for me to eat or wash bottles, so I'm okay with it! Poor thing is so exhausted by the end of the day, she gets really fussy and rubs her face in our shoulders. It's really cute :)

Anyway, today was her 2 month checkup. She's definitely growing!! She weighs 11 pounds, 6.5 ounces and is 23 inches long. She's gained 4 pounds in 2 months!! We must be doing something right :) She's also in the 75th percentile, and the doc says she looks good!

We were hesitant about getting her shots today, but made the decision to go ahead and get them. With it coming into winter (cold & flu season) and her possibly starting daycare next month, we felt it was better to get them now. During her appointment, Brinlee started to fuss a little while we were talking to the doctor, so Jared fed her. About 5 minutes or so later, the nurse came in to give the shots. The Rotovirus comes in drops form, so she did that one first. I don't know if she was going to fast for Brinlee, or if B just has a really sensitive gag reflex, but she spit up...A LOT. It looked like a flood coming out of her mouth. The milk, Tylenol we gave in advance and the Rotovirus all came spilling out all over her head and the table. I freaked out a little because I'd never seen her throw up so much, but the nurse just kind of laughed it off. We took her onsie off and cleaned her up, and the nurse gave her the rest of the Rotovirus, much slower this time. Once she did that, we redressed her and then proceeded with the shots. The nurse was very quick about it, but not quick enough!! Poor Brinlee was screaming, and her head turned a whole new shade of red I'd never seen. I thought I would be able to be strong, but by the 3rd shot, I was crying too!! I felt so helpless. It was the most awful feeling. It took about 5 minutes or so, but Brinlee finally quieted down. She's been sleeping ever since!


So, I was finishing up this last paragraph when Brinlee woke up SCREAMING. Scared the living daylights out of me. I picked her up, and she screamed even louder. Didn't think that was possible!! Poor baby's legs were hurting her, so bad I could barely hold her. I felt so helpless. All I could do was hold her under her rear-end and tell her how sorry I was. I managed to give her some more Tylenol as the last dose had worn off. Took a little bit, but it finally kicked in and she settled back down and fell asleep on my chest for 2 more hours! I felt so bad for her, I didn't even try to move her...I hope the rest of the night goes better!

After we got home...

Round 2...poor baby :(

1 comment:

  1. I HATED Hannah getting her 2 months shots! It was sooo sad. She only cried for about 30 secs but it was a cry like we had never heard from her before. :( Poor baby girls! Look on the bright side, we may remember when they got their shots but they've already forgotten all about it!

    ReplyDelete